Sunday, April 8, 2007

Two minutes after boarding, the Number 4 breaks down

First the good news: The 4 POWELL electric trolley (of the ancient variety) arrives just three minutes past its scheduled arrival time (6:36 PM instead of 6:33 PM).

Now the bad: The electrical system stalls and the driver is only able to nudge the bus forward by a few feet. Two minutes after I board the driver politely tells his passengers they'll have to wait for the next bus because this one has no power. The next bus is due in fifteen minutes, he says. The store I want to visit will close in less than 30 minutes so I abandon my plans and trudge home.

Additional observation: the seat beside mine is torn. Other seats have duct tape all over them.

Recently the Vancouver Sun published an article on broken buses and Translink's failure to get repairs done. I'm inspired now to hunt that down.

No comments: